Filed under: Uncategorized
The annual Get Wild! Camp is here again! This is an educational and interactive camp about nature as well as the history of the Dairy Farm, and is jointly organised by Trailblazers and Team.doc of Raffles Girls’ School.
(1) To stimulate children’s interest in interacting with nature.
(2) To instil in children the desire to conserve nature.
(3) To increase children’s understanding of their natural environment.
(4) To enable children to apply school-based knowledge to real life
experiences and encounters.
(5) To promote the importance of nature through the emphasis of
(6) Recognise the fact that Singapore is our Homeland and hence as
citizens, we must and should know her natural history, in particular
The camp will allow children to get closer to nature to explore scientific aspects of the natural environment in a very enjoyable and authentic way. On top of that, they will learn about the interesting history of the Dairy Farm. Our Nature walks conducted in 2009 proved to be exciting and informative, and the Get Wild! Camp includes the best of these activities, as well as new and engaging activities. Hence we would like to extend our invitation to Primary 4 to 6 students to participate in this camp.
Get Wild! Camp 2010 will be held on 13 March (Saturday), from 8.30am – 2.30pm, at Wallace Education Centre, located in Dairy Farm Nature Park (100 Dairy Farm Road). The camp fee is $3, which can be paid on the day of the camp. Lunch and refreshments will be provided, so if you have any special dietary needs, please let us know.
If you are interested in participating in this camp, please email lai-jieru@hotmail by 10 March, Wednesday. More information such as how to get there and what to bring will be included in a reply to your email.
We look forward to your positive reply!
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment